FAQ's About Software
Windows 7 Compatibility
Please visit Microsoft here
If you have a older verson than 6.0 Silver Edition you will need to purchase our newer copy. If you have 6.0 you will need to click on the above link to download plugin. This is a Windows 7 problem that they have provided a fix for.
Apple Computer (Mac) Compatibility
Please visit Apple here
There are also ways to run Windows programs on Mac without purchasing or Installing Windows:
CrossOver (free trial available)
Can't find Illustrations.
One Million Recipes
Invalid Property Value
System Lock Up
Unrecoverable Error 47
Recipes get cut off
Problems with Windows XP
Recipes print out as symbols
Missing sentence on cover
Missing DLL file error
Automation Error Class Factory cannot supply requested class.
The Software Installs fine, but I can't see the recipes.
I am receiving Run Time Error 339.
The license key is a combination of letters and numbers that you need to enter before you use the program.
It should be located on the back of your CD jewel case. If not, you can use the number below:
5EQXEX-DX7ZEY-FX5XHX-AXA7NH Make sure the letters are in all capitals and that there are no spaces before or after the key. Go To Top of Page
- This means the flower you are searching for is not in the program. Right above the "View" button the results will say 0-0 of 0. Make sure you have the correct spelling of the flower or try typing in only part of the name. To see a complete list of flowers, delete everything out of the three search boxes then click "Search". Go To Top of Page
- Not all of the herbs have full-color illustrations. For the ones that do, when you are looking at the herb there will be a little picture of a camera next to the herb name. When you click on the camera, a picture will come up. For example, if you go into the list of herbs and click on bloodroot, boneset or borage there will be pictures. Go To Top of Page
- We have seen two different causes of Invalid Property Value - The first is that the Display settings (windows size, ex 640x480, 800x600 and number of colors (32 bit true color, 16 bit high color) need to be changed. The combinations between different monitors, operating systems and Visual Basic sometimes generate a conflict. Normally by changing these settings (ex if you have 640x480 change it to 800x600, etc or changing 32 bit to 16 bit color) this error will go away. This error is normally seen when the cookbook button from the start screen is clicked. Some configurations of NT 4.0 generate an error of "Invalid property value" when starting the cookbook. This is due to inadequate support for 16 bit VB programs. NT4.0 is a 32 bit operating system and tries to be backward compatible, but isn't always successful. In any case, these problems can be fixed with the patch we have available. Go To Top of Page
- Your problem with printing is not unique. This problem is almost always associated with HP Printers in the 800 and 900 Series. We have contacted HP about this problem, and after testing our program they have determined that the problem is that their latest drivers do not support the 16 bit Visual Basic programs properly. The Cookbook is such a program. A very temporary work around would be to save the recipes to disk, load them into your word processor and print them from there. The best fix is to get the patch we have available for our program. Go To Top of Page
System Lock Up
One of the causes of the system locking up is a conflict between various software. One particular offender is the Norton Anti-Virus detector. When this program is running and the Cookbook starts there are numerous effects, from an unrecoverable error 47 to the system locking up. Shut off Norton prior to starting the cookbook and you should be able to avoid this problem.
If you do not have Norton, then look to see what other programs are running in background, there is a conflict between one of them and the Cookbook. Use the 'close programs' window (accessible by the 'CTRL'-'ALT'-'DEL' key combination.) to determine which programs are running in background, and turn them off, one at a time, to determine which caused the conflict. This problem can also be fixed with the patch we have available. Go To Top of Page
Unrecoverable Error 47
- This error is normally associated with Norton Anti-Virus. The Norton program detects the low-level file handling that we do on our database and interprets that as a possible virus, but doesn't handle it quite right, causing the error 47. To get around this problem, simply turn off the Virus Detector whenever you are using the Cookbook. (Be sure and turn it back on when you are done). This problem can also be fixed with the patch we have available. Go To Top of Page
- Place your "One Million Recipes" CD into the drive. If no setup program opens, then go to My Computer, double-click on the CD Drive (either D: or E: - it will say 'Easy Chef'), then double-click on the last set-up icon (it looks like a little computer). It will start to install. Click "next" on every screen. Don't change any of the settings because they are all default at where they should go. Then click "finish" and it should be installed, with the icon on your desktop. When downloaded on your computer, double-click the "One Million Recipes" icon, and you are on your way (make sure your CD is in the drive). Go To Top of Page
- The version you have can only save 1000 characters. We have an upgraded patch that will allow you to enter up to 2500 characters. Go To Top of Page
- This problem is only encountered in versions older than the 2005 Silver Edition.
- The program has some compatibility issues with Windows XP. We have an upgraded patch that will fix this problem. Go To Top of Page
- You need to change the printer font. Go into the program cookbook, then click on either Print Page or Print 3x5. On the page that comes up, change the printer font (it probably says 'Marlett') to Times New Roman or Arial or another font that isn't a symbol font. Go To Top of Page
- Just a couple of lines were cut off of that page. The sentence goes: For example, pies can be found in "Dessert", "Fruit Dishes", "Men's Favorites", "Pies", etc. So remember, don't just look in the category of "Pies." Go To Top of Page
- Place your "One Million Recipes" CD into the drive. If the error pops up, click OK. Go to the My Computer icon, RIGHT-click (don't double-click by right-clicking, we bypass the autostart) on the CD Drive (either D: or E: - it will say 'Easy Chef'), then double-click on the last set-up icon (it looks like a little computer). It will start to install. Go To Top of Page
Solution: Go to Microsoft web site and install Windows Script.
There is a compatibility problem with some systems. We have an upgraded patch that will fix this problem. Go To Top of Page
1) Install this patch FIRST,
2) Then re-install "SlowCookin’" Go To Top of Page